Monday, December 5, 2011

Springtime in South Yarra

Springtime in South Yarra is well underway and I can't help but feel that I am walking down some quaint street in Europe every morning I leave my house (now that I am walking again!) I wanted to share with you just a few of the great architecture and beautiful greenery I get to see right next door to me.







It might be hard to tell, but also every morning (well, on sunny mornings), there is are streaks across the sidewalk, glistening in the light. Only recently did Bec find out from our neighbors (Dave & Pete - who are both divorcees and obsessed with cycling, hence the reason I have gone to them for bike buying advice) that the same magical creatures who form these glistening lines are also the same magical creatures who have been shredding our mail inside our mailbox: snails. They live in the "garden" around our building and leave a trail behind when criss-crossing the sidewalk down to the mailboxes. Apparently they also enjoy eating paper, especially all the hospital bills that have been coming in.
Despite the snails, I am happy to be on my feet again. To easily walk down to the train station (this morning there were carolers inside the station showering all the train travelers with Christmas Tunes!) It's beginning to feel a lot like April but look a lot like Christmas around here! Christmas pictures to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment